Getting Ready to Re-Open – What to Expect When You Visit Shape Hair Design in Teddington
We’re looking forward to welcoming you back to our Teddington hair and beauty salon, and there’s no doubt that the world will be a different place when we do, so we’ve been busy preparing our salon for this “new normal”. Client and team safety has always been a top priority for us at Shape, but we’ve put in place a range of new features and procedures designed to keep the risks from Covid 19 to a minimum.
All of the team members here at Shape are fully trained in the necessary social distancing and hygiene requirements and will be working to reassure you when you are able to come in for your long awaited hair and beauty appointments.
UPDATE: We will be re-opening our salon on Saturday 4th July. We are now taking bookings, but if you’d like to jump the queue you can buy a priority booking voucher here and we’ll contact you as soon as we are able to book you in.
The “New Normal” at Shape Hair & Beauty Salon
You’ll still receive the same fantastic service from your Shape stylist or beautician, but you will see fewer other clients when you arrive at the salon. This is because we will be increasing appointment lengths and gaps between client appointments to ensure we maintain the required social distance.
Our team will be wearing masks, visors and gloves for everyone’s protection, and all understand that it’s vitally important that they self isolate at home if they experience any Coronavirus symptoms. Likewise, we request that any clients experiencing Coronavirus symptoms must stay at home and contact us to reschedule their appointments. It’s important that we all work together to ensure everyone’s safety.
You may choose to wear a mask when you visit the salon. If you do not have one, we have some available for purchase. We have invested in PPE for our team as well as making changes to our procedures in the salon. Here’s a summary of what we are doing to keep you safe during your visit:
- The whole salon will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before opening.
- We are extending our appointment times to allow time for the areas used to be thoroughly disinfected between clients.
- There will be gaps between client appointments to allow time for cleaning and to maintain social distance.
- We will be thoroughly disinfecting all our tools and equipment between each client.
- Appointments must be booked in advance and no walk-ins can be accepted.
- We may contact you for a consultation over the phone beforehand so we can discuss your hair needs and minimise time spent in discussion during your appointment.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival. Hand sanitiser stations are available throughout the salon.
- Freshly washed towels and gowns will be offered to every client.
- Magazines will not be available but we will still be offering refreshments.
- To limit numbers, we request that clients come into the salon alone (unless the appointment is for a child or someone who requires a carer).
- We will not be accepting any cash payments, so please be prepared to pay by card.
Booking an Appointment
We already have a long waiting list for appointments, but you can email us at email@example.com to add your name to the list. If you’d like to jump the queue, buy a Priority Booking Voucher here.
Please note: we’re getting in touch with everyone who had an appointment booked during lockdown who will be offered priority for booking when we re-open.
We look forward to seeing you soon.